Thawte CA is International support, around the global business day.
Established in 1995 by Mark Shuttleworth, Thawte is currently the world’s fifth largest certificate authority, headquartered in Cape Town, South Africa. They are a subsidiary of Symantec (now owned by DigiCert) and one of the most reputable names in the world of SSL certificates. Thawte Certificate Authority is most popular for being the first to provide SSL certificates outside the United States.
Some of the most popular websites using Thawte certificates are ClickBank, Cleartrip, and BitTorrent. In this article, we’ll briefly review Thawte certificates so you can determine which one is suitable for your needs.
Review Thawte CA Features
- Thawte certificates provide your website with a trusted seal.
- You gain access to a Thawte Certificate Center from which you can easily manage your certificate and your site’s security. You can also renew certificates, buy additional certificates, and manage code signing certificates.
- You receive unlimited free reissues of the certificate.
- Unlimited server licensing.
- It’s compatible with 99%+ browsers.
- They provide industry standard encryption with 256-bit keys.
- They offer a complete 30-day money back guarantee.
- Your website is insured with a $500,000 NetSecure Warranty.
- Their customer support can be reached via live chat, email, or phone call. They also provide multilingual support as their offices are based in several cities around the world.
Thawte Review of Certificates
The following are the certificates offered by Thawte certificate authority.
- Thawte SSL 123 Certificate: These are domain validation certificates that can secure a single fully-qualified domain name and provide your site with the padlock logo.
- Thawte SSL Web Server Certificate: These are domain and organizational validation certificates, so they require validation of the business behind the website. They also secure a single fully-qualified domain name and provide your site with the padlock logo.
- Thawte SSL Web Server Certificate with EV: These are extended validation certificates, so they require thorough validation of the business behind the website, thus offering a greater sense of trust to users. They secure a single fully-qualified domain name and provide your site with the green address bar and padlock logo.
- Thawte Wildcard Certificate: These can be organizational validation or domain validation certificates, and they can secure multiple subdomains within a single primary fully-qualified domain. They provide your site with the padlock indicator.
- Thawte SSL 123 Wildcard: A domain validated wildcard certificate capable of securing one FQDN and all accompanying first-level sub-domains.
- Thawte Multi-Domain Wildcard: An organization authenticated certificate that can secure up to 250 different domains and all accompanying first-level sub-domains.
- Thawte Code Signing: Sign scripts and executables quickly and easily with a highly affordable Thawte signing certificate.
The only limitation of Thawte Certificate Authority is that they don’t provide multi-domain certificates. As such, you can’t secure multiple domains with a single unified certificate.
Thawte SSL Certificates
Get 81% Off on Thawte SSL Certificates which includes unlimited server licenses, site seal, reissuance, 256-bit encryption, and more.
Buy Thawte SSL Certificates & Save Up to 81%