Are you looking for a solution to DHCP server install error 0x800f0922? We can help you with it.
Here at Bobcares, we have seen several such Windows-related errors as part of our Server Management Services for web hosts and online service providers.
Today we will take a look at the causes for this error and see how to fix it.
What causes DHCP server install error 0x800f0922 to occur
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) is a network protocol that automatically assigns an IP address from a pre-defined IP pool. Deploying the DHCP on the server will make network management much easier.
You mainly come across this error message while installing DHCP on a Windows Server. The error message appears below.
Here are the main causes for this error to occur in Windows Server.
- An active DHCP server is already present on the network
- Having multiple DHCP servers. This in return will cause IP conflicts(two or more computers with the same IP address) to arise as there is no shared central database to keep lease information. However, Windows 2012 Server will allow you to have more than one DHCP server to balance or fail over.
How we fix DHCP server install error 0x800f0922
Now let’s take a look at how our Support Engineers assist our customers in resolving this error message.
1. Before installing the DHCP server, do either one of the following two things.
- Make sure to disconnect the server from the network so that it will not detect any other active DHCP server.
- Stop any other DHCP servers on your network temporarily.
2. Try to remove the “DHCP” folder from C:WindowsSystem32
[Need any further assistance in fixing Windows errors? – We are here to help you]
In short, this error occurs when we try to install DHCP on a Windows Server. Today, we saw the solution provided by our Support Engineers to this error.
var google_conversion_label = “owonCMyG5nEQ0aD71QM”;