A Comprehensive Comodo SSL Review: Prices, Features, Compatibility, and More.
Comodo is one of the most well-respected Certificate Authorities on the market. With over 100 million certificates issues, they’re the most popular commercial CA by a wide margin. They offer all different types of SSL certificates with different validation levels, are quick to issue certificates, and can be used by both small or large stores.
In this article, we’ll give you a detailed Comodo Review so you can determine if you should purchase a Comodo SSL.
Founded by Melih Abdulhayoglu in 1998, Comodo Group Inc. is a New Jersey-based tech services company dealing mostly with internet and PC security services. They are currently one of the world’s largest SSL provide operating in over 100 countries around the world. As of 2016, they have a market share of 33.6%.
Furthermore, Comodo was also the first CA to invent the Extended Validation (EV) SSL certificate back in 2007. Their efforts to secure the internet has won them several awards.
Comodo CA Review — Features
- They provide industry-leading 2048-bit SSL certificates.
- Fastest validation process in the industry.
- They provide industry-leading 256-bit SSL encryption.
- The validation process is immediate and automatic and there’s no paperwork involved.
- Websites gain the free Comodo Trust Seal.
- Comodo CA provides a $1,75,000 warranty to its users.
- Compatible with over 99% of all browsers on the market.
- Provides unlimited server license.
- Comes with a 30-day refund policy.
Comodo SSL Review — Features
- Comodo SSL certificates are available in all three types — DV, OV, and EV.
- Their SSL certificates are some of the cheapest on the market.
- They can secure both www and non-www domains.
- The Domain Validated certificate is issued within a few minutes.
- Comes with a Comodo Dynamic Site Seal
- Compatible with 99.9% of all internet browsers in the web and mobiles.
- Provide a $10,000 Warranty.
- No limits to the number of times you can re-issue.
- Their Wildcard SSL certificate comes with one year of free PCI scanning and the website’s daily vulnerability scan.
- You can also avail of a 90-days free trial. As such, a golden padlock will appear on your browser and no warnings will be displayed when using the website. The certificate is issued within minutes along with the 2048-bit signature 256-bit encryption.
Types of Comodo Certificates
- Domain Validated / DV SSL Certificate: This is issued immediately, is extremely cheap, and secures all data transfers from user to a server.
- Organization Validated / OV SSL Certificate: These SSL certificates are issued after conducting a thorough background check of your business to assure users of your legitimacy.
- Extended Validation / EV SSL Certificate: These were invented by Comodo and are now a staple of SSL certificates. It grants a green address bar and padlocks to your browser so users know your website is completely trustworthy. It takes 1 to 3 weeks to receive because it entails a thorough background check to verify your identity.
Help & Support
Comodo provides an extensive avenue for help and support. They have a user forum replete with solutions to common problems that users encounter. They also have a detailed knowledgebase with informative articles you can use to troubleshoot issues.
If you want to get in touch with a Comodo representative, you can do so via live chat, a support ticket, over phone, or over email. As such, you have plenty of means to approach them.
Comodo Review — Summary
Comodo is one of the most respected names in the SSL industry, and it’s easy to see why. They offer a number of different types of SSL certificates and all of them are highly secure and issued as fast as possible for the certificate type. Furthermore, as inventors of the coveted EV certificates, they have the first-mover advantage as well.
If you want to ensure that your website is completely secure, you should go ahead and buy Comodo SSL Certificate now, starts at $5.88 per year.
Comodo SSL Certificates and Price
Other Important Resources from Comodo CA Official
Buy Comodo SSL Certificates at $5.88/Yr – 89% Off